Air conditioners have become a common device which you can find at commercial and domestic place. It is quite tough to survive in the hot atmosphere. Therefore, AC helps in lowering the temperature and provides you comfort.
For effective functioning of air conditioners it is essential to take services of the professionals for air conditioner and commercial refrigeration repairs.
Steps in cleaning air conditioners
If you have little bit knowledge of various parts of air conditioners, then you can do it yourself to clean it. Here are the steps required for cleaning the air conditioning units.
• Switch off the power supply before opening window unit. Since, ACs have moving parts therefore it should be cleaned while there is no power supply.
• Remove debris or dirt from the system unit. You should use screwdriver to open the cage and clean cooling fan, condensing unit and other exterior parts of AC.
• You can either use garden hose or powerful sprays to clean the fins. You should ensure that spray should be less powerful as more pressure can damage fins.
• When the fins contract or dirt gets accumulated over it, it reduces the efficiency of air conditioners. You should carefully straighten the fins with the help of butter knife.
• While cleaning the air conditioner, it is essential to clean the interior as well as exterior of the system unit. You should also ensure to clean the surrounding area.
• Clean evaporator coil and evaporation drain pipe.
• Finally, you have to change blower filter and turn on the power supply.
Benefits of AC repair and maintenance
You all must be familiar with the truth that air conditioners are costly to purchase. For many of you it is not possible to buy ACs again. Therefore, it is essential to take proper care of it so that it can have long run and operates more efficiently.
There are number of benefits that you can get by regular keep up and maintenance of air conditioners:
• It helps to extend the life of air conditioner.
• Maintenance and repair helps to increase the efficiency of the system therefore, its cost of operation is reduced and its utility bill is also lowered.
• You will get more comfort during the hotter days.
• By taking service from the professional AC repair, you get guarantee on the service and you also get warranty on the changed components of system unit.
• Professional repair services have sufficient tools to check various parts of AC. They have latest tools to check on their different parts.
• The design of air conditioners changes with innovation in technology; therefore professional repair services have engineers who are trained to repair the latest models of air conditioners.